It’s that time of year when most of what I’m working on will remain under wraps for a few more weeks, but I can happily show you this quick little project.
We keep our kitchen towels in a basket on the counter, because in this humid tropical climate they quickly smell musty if stored in a drawer. It’s the perfect solution — or would be, in a feline-free houshold. A basket, filled with something cushy? Her Furriness naturally assumes this set-up was created with her comfort and pleasure in mind, and can so often be found napping there that the house rule is “never use the towel on top.”
This morning I finally got around to whipping out a project that’s been on the “someday” list for an embarrassingly long time,given how quick and easy it was to:
- grab two orphan blocks from the “scrappy odds and ends” bin
- trim one block down to size and add a few more strips from whatever was lying around on the sewing table to the other
- hack off a piece of some kind of batting from the “batting scraps” bag
- add some quick quilting lines (didn’t baste or pin, it’s only 12″x15″) until the thread spool ran out
- slap on a strip of binding leftover from something else
Didn’t take much more than a half hour to throw together.
And now Halo can sleep in the towel basket all she wants. Well, she already does that, but now Halo can sleep in the towel basket all she wants without getting cat hair all over the dish towels.