… phew, sqeaked that one in!
Finished this cute baby quilt (which had been lingering in the “ready for quilting” bin for some time) a couple of days ago, to meet my “12 finishes in 2012” goal. Had lots of fun free-motion quilting the border in organic petals and loops and loosey-goosey echoing, a nice warm up for quilting my Improvi-Robin piece.
Happy to report the quilting on that one is done, too, as of about a half-hour ago. Binding and a hanging sleeve will not be done until tomorrow, which means I’ll be off to a great start with a fast finish for this 2013 finish-along group.
Here’s a look at the Improvi-Robin quilting. The central bird motif got the outline treatment:
Lots of loops and squiggles going on:
And more outlining, and ziggy-zags:
The Improvi-Robin piece wanted a good deal more FMQ than I’d planned to do. Lots of different thread colors went into this, and lots of starts and stops. If I hadn’t dealt with the thread ends as I went along that task might have landed this back in a bin.
The border treatment on the baby quilt turned out so well, I did something similar on the IR top (here you see it from the back, where the stitching shows up better):
and a bonus shot to close out the year:
“Year in review” posts are popping up all over blogland, but I’ve been too busy quilting to put one together, or to corrall pics of XMas gifts, although it might still happen in a day or two.
As soon as this Improvi-Robin Season 1 piece is bound and done, I’ll be ready to launch Season 2. Watch for an invitation post about that in early January.
Happy New Year, everyone!