I made the fronts for these three EONS ago. Even if I could remember for sure I’d be too embarrassed to tell you how long they sat in the “half-constructed pillow covers” pile. Yes, there is a separate WIP pile just for pillows, and no matter how many get finished there are always more partial ones being tossed on the top. (I may have a slight pillow addiction.)
These are similar but not identical, more of a method than a pattern. I call them “windowpane” pillows, and one of these
days months years I plan to write up a simple tute. Basically, take 9 small scrap squares(around 3.5-4″), add some narrow sashing, add some framing strips until it looks big enough (hah, and the tute is done! okay, maybe I can be a little more detailed, I’ll add it to the projects list.) Here they are one by one:
This one features Amy Butler fabrics in girly colors:
Sorry, that was supposed to be this (Etsy listing here):
Here’s a Kaffe version (in the Etsy shop here):
If you don’t have any of that ombre stripe in your stash, get some! It is so much fun.
And one more from Amy B’s, more dots, more pink, more green (and it can be yours, via Etsy, here!):
Must have been in a girly kind of mood when I made these. Looking forward to making more of ‘em, too, just as soon as I catch up on a few other things.