Finally got some pics of the lastest crop of Fat Quarter Skirts to show you. This is most I’ve made at a time, and I don’t expect to do it again until early summer next year (if then). One of these is going to my sister, but the rest are for me (yay!). I’m either going to have to do a little closet purge or add “more skirt hangers” to my shopping list. This blue-green one might be my favorite. I’m gonna take it for a test drive when I go out to do errands in a little bit.
As you can see, every one of these got the rick-rack hem treatment. Maybe next time I’ll give that a rest? I also modified the drawstring casing slightly to add a smidge of extra length. Of course as soon as I snapped these pics on a not-great day, the sun came out but by then I didn’t have the patience to retake all these shots, so you’ll have to make due with these hugely brightened and still slightly gloomy images.
This last one, instead of a drawstring, I used FOE (fold-over elastic) for the waist, to see how that would turn out:
FOE is quick and easy and the skirt is comfortable, but not quite as flattering to wear as the drawstring ones, which you can adjust so the gathers fall in the least conspicuous place on your figure. With FOE the gathers are evenly spaced all around, which means some are right over the tummy. Not a great look on me, as I’ve got more than enough tummy as it is. Verdict: I like the drawstring better, but for a slapdash treatment the FOE can’t be beat.
I’m still hoping to turn out at least one more summer garment (a new maxi-dress is high on my list), but I think I’ll get back to work on some quilt projects for a little while first.