I’ve started putting some of my little scraps to use as wonky star points. These blocks will finish at 7″. When the pile of finished blocks is big enough, they’ll get sewn together into something. This is a low-priority project, so it will be a while before I have anything other than more of these to show. So far this one is my favorite:
It’s nice to put a few scraps to use, although I haven’t made anything like a noticeable dent in the small-scraps pile yet. I’ll run out of Kona Snow and whatever that pale yellow is long before that’s achieved.
While the scraps were out, I also sewed up a bunch of miscellany from the “strip scraps” drawers into these 10″ blocks:
I have no idea what I will do with them, and for now will be content with the feeling of small progress that comes from moving these strips from the scrap category into the bin for finished blocks that I don’t have a use for yet.
In an ideal world I would sew up a few more star seams every time I’m sitting at the machine, but the reality is that scrap sewing is just too messy for that. Working on other projects is close to impossible when the sewing table gets like this:
With GFG progress and “improv playtime” crossed off the July projects list, this has all been put away so I can get back to making New York Beauty blocks. I’ve got one new one finished, and arcs made for two more, so I hope to have some pretty new pics to show off by the end of the weekend.