… of a hexie flower garden.
I’ve got a good chunk of the middle done (the part connected by green triplets). Yesterday I decided to lay it all out on the living room floor and make sure the remaining flowers are convincingly random in placement. So far I’ve been randomizing as I go along, but the more I sew together the more concerned I get that I’ll end up with nothing but reds for the last section.
My layout called for 105 flowers, and I’d made 107 (because there’s always at least one who doesn’t play well with others when layout time comes). So I should be okay. Except that when I switched all my files over to a new computer last winter my layout diagram wandered off into oblivion. I don’t remember how many flowers per row I had in mind, but clearly it wasn’t alternating rows of 8 & 9 as I’ve got here, because now I’m a few flowers short.
Just got through cutting some more “petal” fabrics to make up the necessary new ones, and then I’ll have to face rimming them all with blue. At this point in the game it’s the prospect of sewing on any more blue hexies ever in my lifetime that’s most enervating. The flowers will be fun, though, as I pulled from some fabrics new to the stash since this project began. And it won’t take long to do a half-dozen more; I can hardly want for TV time to see how they come together.