Welcome to our new home!

by venusdehilo on March 14, 2011

in Uncategorized

Pincushion caddyAs you’ll notice poking around, I still have a lot of work to do on this site. One of my 2011 goals was to stop being such a perfectionist, which leads to endless delays before I get stuff “out there.” Meaning here, where I share it with you. So in spite of what some might call glaring unpreparedness, I’m jumping in. Thanks for coming along!

{ 7 comments }

1 Lisa Marie March 17, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I really love you’re new website! I’m glad to have “met” you via the Block a palooza. I very much appreciate your honest and unpretentious opinion. I’ll definitely follow you blog as I love your style! Maybe I will finally get my act together and start blogging, too.

2 Stephanie March 17, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Thanks, Lisa Marie! It’s a work in progress (like so much of what’s in my sewing room!)… hope you find lots to enjoy here as it fills out and I share more of both ongoing and finished projects.

3 teri March 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm

welcome to your new space! i, too have struggled with perfectionism (growing up, my mom thought it a virtue, lol!) my husband accuses me of being victim of ‘creeping prefectionism’ where one tweaks endlessly! quilting–rather piecing for quilting has helped me with that. i ascribe to the addage ‘finished is better than perfect.’ i struggle to leave minor mistakes so that 1-i save time and 2-i learn that i am not perfect. all the best to you in that quest and at your new blog.

4 Stephanie March 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Sewing (both clothes and quilts) has definitely helped me make peace with imprecision. In quilts I often think the less-than-perfect parts are what make it special and give it that special glow of a unique creation.

5 Lunachance March 17, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I just discovered your (older) website and really enjoy your photography, sewing, variety of options in the blocks you are making – and frankly, am a little jealous of the beautiful weather you are able to experience in Hawaii.

Cheers,
Lunachance
Redmond, WA

6 Lunachance March 17, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Do you have a pattern for your great pin cushion?

Lunachance

7 Stephanie March 18, 2011 at 8:30 am

The pin cushion is from Anna Maria Horner’s book, Seams to Me. It’s a fabulous design, although mine is a little lumpy and lopsided (carefully disguised in the photograph!).

Next post: