Appalled as I am that we’re into Q2 of the year already, I’m excited about signing on for another round of “Finishalong” focus.
Herewith, my Q2 Target list:
1) More of the minis. I got one done for Q1, which you can read about here. Last Q I rashly listed the whole minis pile as a target. This time you’ll notice my offical #1 target is “more of” rather than “the rest of” the minis. We’ll see how many “more” turns out to be.
2) Two small improv quilts for a guild challenge. I’m now a proud member of the South Sound Modern Quilt Guild, and arrived just in time to participate in this challenge. I made one small top (26″x26″) and had some challenge fabric left over that turned into a second top. As of April 1, one top was quilted but not yet trimmed or bound, and the other was only half-quilted, so they qualify for the Q2FAL and will deliver a quick success, being due at our April meeting. I don’t have pics yet, and look forward to showing them off to you.
3) Scrappy Tote Bag Swap. Another guild thing, making a tote bag from scraps provided by a secret partner. I’ve got the fabric and ideas are shaping up, just need some fusible fleece or interfacing and I’m ready to get started. This is due at our May meeting, so an easy FAL win.
4) “April Showers,” which was item #2 on the Q1 list. I took this along to a Guild sew-in day back in February, and made a start on the quilting, but there’s still a lot more to do. And I came up with a title. Which includes the word “April” so maybe I’ll tackle finishing this one as soon as those April challenge quilts are done.
5) Random hexies mashup (photo up top). A while back I started sewing random 1″ hexies together as a portable project, for no better reason than I have a lot of small scraps and a big bag of 1″ hexie papers. Last week I added the last hexie to bring this up to what will be 12″x12″ with the sides squared up. Plan is to add some borders and turn it into a pillow cover. Quick! While it’s still fresh and will feel like a fast finish!
6) The Kaffe Diamonds quilt also got some FMQ love last Q, so it’s closer to done than it was, and nowhere near as close to done as I wish it were. Here’s hoping it hops onto the “done” pile before Q3 rolls around.
Given my heady Q1 progress of a whopping one finish per month (two of them minis!), I should probably stop there, but there’s another unfinish lingering from the Q1 list, so let’s include that one here, too:
7) “Twilight Garden,” lap quilt. Sandwiched and basted and still patiently waiting for some quilty love. It would be nice to get this one done before Q3, too, although I’ll confess my confidence I’ll get to a seventh finish this quarter is low.
*** edited to add ***
Linking up today to make it official, and realized there’s a problem with this plan:
There is nothing on my design wall other than a few stray threads. How will I focus on finishing, with this blank playground calling out to be put to use???